Shut up and Blog.

Seriously!

Yes i’m being serious, shut up and blog, too often I hear people talk and talk and talk about how they wish the blogged or started a business, or went skydiving or whatever. The sad part is in 5 years from now they will still be talking about how they will or should do … insert your own unfulfilled promise here. Simply put talk is cheap, which is why most people do a lot of it, acomplishment has value, both of what you put in and what you get out. Ask anyone who has done something you admire …

4 easy steps to begin blogging

IF you want to start blogging, stop reading, I’m being serious, stop reading, well maybe after this post as you won’t know how to set up a blog if you stop here. The following is how I set up my first blog, it has gotten more and more complicated as time and skill level has progressed, but the simple fact is that you can be blogging in a very short time.

Step 1 – First things first.

Chose a domain. This is going to be the most difficult part, as most assuredly the one you really want is already taken, …

Introducing WPMUDEV Premium

Ladies and Gents, we give you WPMUDEV Premium.

This is a joint project between Andrew Billits and myself that aims to find a way to provide complex custom plugins, materials, hacks and support for WordPress MultiUser (WPMU) for a fraction of the amount you’d have to pay a developer.

It’s already stuffed full of goodies; there’s the multi-database code that’s used on Edublogs (happily supporting 50,000 blogs on the one domain), mu-plugins to give you the lowdown on all your user activity (active users, posts, comments and more!), unbranded support videos for you to use on your WPMU site and …

• Posted on: July 9th, 2007
  • 1 Comment
  • Category: Community
Comments Off on Blog Hui!

Blog Hui!

Quite wonderfully Blogtalk Downunder has inspired, in part, New Zealand’s first International blog conference… Blog Hui.

So why don’t ya go and make a bunch of kiwis very very happy by proposing a paper, poster, praxis or workshop… beautiful Wellington combined with a quick scoot round the island sounds like a good way to spend the middle of March to me!!!…

• Posted on: December 1st, 2005
  • Comments Off on Blog Hui!
  • Category: Archives, Community